Oct. 20- Jack made his 2nd plane trip to another friend's wedding in New Milford, CT. He did awesome on the plane ride!
Our dear friends threw us a shower for Jack. Here's a photo of the adorable cake Kelly made us!
It's so awesome to visit with friends who have known one another for 20+ years but mostly, it's hilarious watching them interact:
Setting: Monday night at Jack's baby shower. Conversation revolves around childbirth (what else?)
Characters: Gail- probably wore flowers in her hair and pranced through wheat fields as a child; Nancy- a nurse; Amy- a 20 something professional; Travis- the husband and only male partcipant.
CHEAP ANGELA: I had to include a photo of this baby bath tub gift and the story behind it. One of our great friends gave us this gift and as we opened it, Travis and I must have had a bewildered look on our face. "I got it from your gift registry!" she proudly exclaimed. Our confusion came because we already had another baby bath tub and couldn't figure out why it would have been on our registry though I kept thinking how familiar this tub looked. After a few seconds, it occured to me, and I began to laugh. A friend from our church here in Florida was also having a baby and had actually registered for this baby tub. I had a coupon for 10% off everything on my baby registry. Me, being the slick thinker and always trying to save a buck, got the bright idea to add her tub to my registry to get 10% off it when I bought it for her. What I did not consider, was that someone would buy this same tub for me!
This is a photo of some of our dearest friends from Connecticut taken at our friend's wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment